POSITION TITLE: Stacker
DEPARTMENT: Web Press Room
POSITION REPORTS TO: Lead Press Operator
RESPONSIBLE OFFICER: Shift Supervisor
Assist Press Person in set-up and running of job. Operate bundling machine efficiently, to consistently provide the Bindery department, neat staked material for collating.
All employees of The Company, Inc. are responsible for reporting to work on time for their scheduled shift, available to work overtime when needed and during overtime season(s), complying with Standard Operating Procedures and performing other duties as required.
- At work station 5 minutes before start of shift
- Learn to read job ticket
- Set up and run bundling machine
- Assist in make- ready
- Materials and supplies management, maximizing press efficiency & waste management
- Check Stacker for proper building, gusseting and check signatures for marking during the run
- Responsible for supply and condition of end boards
- Ensure all Auto-count printouts and computer entries are correct and accurate
- Cross train on 2nd Pressperson position to fill in as needed
- Follows all SOPs and Safety Procedures works to ensure others on the crew do so also Notifying the Lead Press Operator for any violations or errors
- Notify Lead Press Operator of any equipment problems
- Keep area clean
- Keep busy at all times
Capable of repeated bending, squatting and lifting (8-12 hours) a day. Stacking bundles or signatures that weigh up to 60 lbs. Moving skids of printed matter safely with power jack.
Verification of Receipt of this Information
Your signature is required stating that you have read and understand all the responsibilities of this/your position/job description.
Employee Signature Date
Cc: Employee file