March 25 -- 26, 2009 JDF User Group Meeting
Japs-Olson's end-to-end printing and mailing services include prepress production, variable image printing, lettershop services, data processing services, commingling and direct mail fulfillment. All of our printing services are completed in-house.
March 25, 2009
- Tour of Japs-Olson Company Facility
March 26, 2009
- Welcome and introduction, including a discussion on the resources available.
- Case study, Japs-Olson. Business decision and choices with CIM and JDF automation. How will this affect the profitability, enhance productivity, bring in new customers.
- Education challenges for automation and JDF implementations.
- Technical challenges of the move between the MIS systems – the printer perspective
- Technical challenges of the move between the MIS systems – the vendor perspective
- Open discussion: What features would you like see in current JDF implementations? What resources and developments are required to improve the connectivity?
- Case Study, Cenveo
- The problems associated with system implementation and the solutions possible – update on November meeting
- Case Study, Preview of Democrat Printing and Lithographing Co, July 2009 JDF User Group Meeting.
- New developments within CIP4
- Overview of planning layout offerings
- The MIS approach
- The use of planning software
- Case study, the use of Metrix software