Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Industry Profile & Economics
Learn More About the Ratios Study Program
The Leading Financial Benchmarking Tool for the Printing Industry
For more than 80 years printers have been using the Printing Industries of America Ratios to benchmark their financial performance against the rest of the printing industry. Each year 16 volumes are developed from a survey of more than 500 Printing Industries of America member and non-member printing firms.
Each Ratios volume includes a report on operations, profitability, and sales factors; cost drivers and expenses; balance sheet statistics; funding ratios; leverage ratios; liquidity and activity ratios; value-added analysis; basic payroll data; employee profiles; inventory turnover; and billing cycles*.
Printing Industries of America Ratios allow you to take a close look at these areas, as well as answer key questions:
- Are my expenses too high in relation to sales?
- Is there too little or too much inventory in stock?
- Can we meet our debts as they mature?
- Should we increase our selling prices?
- How can we increase our profits?
*Standards and averages for the above categories are provided in most volumes by sales volume, region (12 American census regions), and type of product market. In many sections the statistics are provided as both a percentage of sales and as a percentage of value-added. Moreover, in most reports, statistics are provided for all respondents and for profit leaders (respondent firms in the top 25 percent of profitability).
Published on Friday, February 12, 2010 (updated 02/12/2010)