Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Technology & Research
WebSim-Heatset Web Simulator
The Web Simulator is an interactive software package used as training systems for web press operators. The simulator can be used to teach graphic arts professionals how to recognize, analyze, and correct print problems. It does so by simulating the operation of a heatset web press where any changes to the press are reflected in the simulated print copy. Some important factors to consider when training with a WebSim Simulator:
- The simulator is based on a full-size, four-unit, blanket-to-blanket web press commonly found in commercial printing plants. The console can be displayed as a man roland press console or a generic press console.
- The simulator uses no expensive consumables, nor does it generate chemical waste.
- There are no safety issues, such as physical injury, or exposure to pressroom chemicals.
WebSim-Heatset offers two operational modes. For new hires and basic training, choose the standard mode and the press simulator is adjusted perfectly. Experiment with the variables and see what happens. The standard mode provides an ideal setting for learning the proper skills and special techniques necessary to run a web press. For experienced pressmen, choose the problem-solving mode and see what develops. An endless number of unexpected problems can be preprogrammed to appear. These are all real press printing defects that require identification, cause analysis, and correction.
With WebSim-Heatset the “pressruns” can be pre-defined in which sets of problems will occur over time; e.g., color and register at makeready, chemistry and density modifications, folder problems during the run, etc. As the trainee solves the exercise, all actions are recorded in a log or trace file. The trace file calculates the time spent solving the exercise in both real time and virtual time, and provides a record of material costs. The material costs and time assigned to actions and can be customized to reflect your actual costs.
The simulator comes with many exercises or custom exercises that can be easily created to teach specific problem scenarios that are occurring on your presses.
The current version of the WebSim-Heatset software is 4.6. New in version 4.6 is ASA-automatic session analysis. The student’s trace file can be compared to a standard or reference file.
To view a demonstration click on the link:
To download a brochure on our simulators
Published on Monday, November 2, 2009 (updated 09/26/2012)
- RT @wdhicks: RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- TY! RT @julieshafferpia: More #FF love for #IPF13 friends @PrintInd @PPIassociation @copresco, @PrintMediaCentr & of course @NuttyFrankie
- @JulieShafferPIA @PrintInd @PPIassociation @copresco @PrintMediaCentr I'm doing a #FF tail shake <3 #IPF13
- Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF