Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Technology & Research
Color viewing and tolerance standards have been established to ensure colors can be evaluated in a stable environment. Printing Industries of America offers products that verify proper viewing conditions or allow individual users to determine their sensitivity to color differences. QC devices help to improve customer relations by confirming the color expectations of the client so that each job is produced to their liking with the least amount of approval steps and waste for the printer.
A viewer’s color tolerance, though normally subjective to each individual viewer, can in fact, be quantified. The Pilot Color Tolerance Exercise helps to determine an individual’s standard for color acceptability based on their preferences. Some color vision products challenge the viewer to discriminate between hues such as the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Test, and others like the HRR Pseudoisochromatic Test detect if the viewer suffers from a color vision deficiency.
Lighting conditions can also affect the way that color is viewed. Not all light is the same temperature or intensity, therefore, controlling this variable when evaluating color will produce more consistent results. The graphic arts standard for color viewing is 5000K, and products like the RHEM Light Indicator alert the viewer when the lighting conditions do not meet that standard.
Published on Sunday, May 17, 2009 (updated 03/05/2013)
- RT @wdhicks: RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- TY! RT @julieshafferpia: More #FF love for #IPF13 friends @PrintInd @PPIassociation @copresco, @PrintMediaCentr & of course @NuttyFrankie
- @JulieShafferPIA @PrintInd @PPIassociation @copresco @PrintMediaCentr I'm doing a #FF tail shake <3 #IPF13
- Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF