Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Industry Profile & Economics
Management Data Center
What are the hot topics affecting the printing industry? Browse this section for updates on sales, profits, print market forecasts, management strategies, U.S. economic statistics that affect the industry, and more.
Have questions? Contact the Economic/Market Research Department by phone at 412-741-6860 ext. 756 or toll-free at 800-910-4283 ext. 756.
The 2011 Print Market Atlas will be available for free to members shortly. We no longer use data from the A.F. Lewis Database but are now using statisitcs from the U.S. Census Bureau and the County Business Patterns Database.
We segment the industry into two main sectors:
- Commercial Print and Related Support Activities
- Print Related Media (this inculdes publishing revenue that is generated by print related media).
U.S. Print Markets 2010
|NAICS Code||Segment||Employment||Establishments||Shipments ($1,000)|
|323||Commercial Print and Related Support Activiites|
|323110||Commercial lithographic printing||237,862||10,771||$39,271,016.20|
|323111||Commercial gravure printing||14,964||253||$2,470,556.40|
|323112||Commercial flexographic printing||31,644||896||$5,224,424.40|
|323113||Commercial screen printing||57,675||4,454||$9,521,894.85|
|323116||Manifold business forms printing||15,524||493||$2,563,012.40|
|323118||Blankbook, looseleaf binders and devices manufacturing||6,567||179||$1,083,452.24|
|323119||Other commercial printing||13,865||1,737||$2,289,234.84|
|323121||Tradebinding and related work||16,102||890||$2,657,911.88|
|Total Commercial Print and Realted Support Activities||499,638||29,118||$82,487,385.58|
|511||Print Related Media|
|51114||Directory and mailing list publishers||25,638||1,641||$4,365,579.28|
|511191||Greeting card publishers||10,583||103||$1,802,036.58|
|Total Print Related Media (NAICS 511)||468,185||19,732||$79,721,000.00|
|Total Commercial Print and Related Support Activities & Print Related Medida||967,823||48,850||$162,208,385.58|
Published on Thursday, April 30, 2009 (updated 11/19/2012)
- RT @MyPrintResource: Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/Sx5ijq1jBN @PostNet @printind
- Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/Sx5ijq1jBN @PostNet @printind
- @printrbot would you be willing to loan a device to @PrintInd? Want to show if off to legislators at Print's Voice event in DC next week!
- Looking for ways to reduce costs, waste, and setup time while adding value to products? Lean is the answer.... t.co/6EotMpuljp
- RT @PrintingNews: Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/aEwEKVMYMN @PostNet @printind