Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Printing Industries of America: The Magazine
Printing Industries of America: The Magazine
Membership in Printing Industries of America or a local affiliate includes a subscription to the association’s magazine. A subscription to the magazine is a key member benefit.
With the May 2013 issue, Printing Industries of America: The Magazine launched its new design and format. The Magazine, now a 16-page plus cover, will be published ten times a year in print and also be available on the website with links to additional resources and information. Forecast Part 1, Trends and Tactics published in January and Forecast Part 2, The Print Production Process published in July will be virtual editions, again with lots of links to more information.
As always, The Magazine will focus on what is most important to our members—technologies and solutions, zeroing in on what are the new and leading-edge technologies and how members can use those new technologies for profit and growth. In addition The Magazine will include interviews with staff or key knowledgeable people, member profiles, resources, and lots of links to additional information.
Printing Industries of America: The Magazine launched with the April 2009 issue and brought together the best of the best from GATFWorld and Management Portfolio.
GATFWorld was privileged to have a reputation for credibility based on reliable, unbiased, expert coverage of today’s technologies and related issues along with practical knowledge in how to use those technologies.
Management Portfolio provided insightful and thought-provoking articles to assist owners and leaders of printing companies on all aspects of managing their companies efficiently for growth and profitability.
2014 Editorial Calendar
|January||2014 Forecast Part 1, Trends and Tactics|
|April||Adding Value after It's Printed|
|May||The Future is Yours|
|June||Beyond Personlized Addressing|
|July||2014 Forecast Part 2, The Print Production Process|
|August||Keeping Your Employees Safe|
|September||How to Sell More Than Print|
|October||Getting It All In-Line|
|November||Fantastic Colors Every Time|
|December||The Ingredients of Print Production|
*As of December 10, 2013, subject to change.
For More Information
We are always interested in obtaining informative and educational articles from potential authors. Please contact Amy Woodall, Director of Technical Information, firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Deemer, Editor, email@example.com for more information on submission policies.
A copy of The Magazine is sent to all Printing Industries of America member companies as a key member benefit. This includes printers, vendor/supplier companies, professional members, and educator members, along with PGSF scholarship students.
Non-members and libraries can purchase subscriptions for $200 per year in U.S. locations and $300 per year outside the U.S.
Single copies of non-Forecast issues can be purchased for $15 each. Additional copies of the Forecast are $99 for members and $199 for non-members. They can be ordered from the Bookstore.
How to Become a Distribution Patron of The Magazine
Suppliers and vendors interested in becoming a Distribution Patron should contact Ed Kelly, placement representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-655-0789. The Distribution Patron Booklet provides details about the magazine, editorial calendar, space rates, and ad specifications.
Past issues of The Magazine, GATFWorld, and Management Portfolio are in PDF form in the members-only section of the website.
The Magazine archive
Management Portfolio archive
Magazine Article Reprints
Want to order a reprint of an article or reprint in your own publication? We can provide articles from Printing Industries of America: The Magazine, GATFWorld, and Management Portfolio to be reprinted elsewhere. To obtain permission for an article, contact Joe Deemer, editor, at email@example.com.
The following should be kept in mind when considering writing and submitting an article.
- Articles must be informative and educational and vendor-neutral since as a nonprofit association Printing Industries of American cannot appear to be promoting or recommending any specific product or service.
- The large segment of Printing Industries of America members are owners of print shops with fewer than 20 employees.
- Readers of The Magazine are primarily interested in technology and how to use it effectively and profitably.
- Articles must be submitted in Word (final) and not formatted. Charts, tables, or illustrations are welcome with articles but must be high resolution (300 dpi or greater) and submitted separately. Recommended length for the monthly issues is 400 to 900 words, fewer if graphics are included.
- Articles are accepted and published at the discretion of the Publications staff, will be peer reviewed, and may be edited for length, grammar, or content.
- Read these Tips for Writing a Readable, Interesting Article.
Published on Monday, April 27, 2009 (updated 12/10/2013)