Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Turnkey Training Curriculums
PrintScape: A Crash Course in Graphic Communications
Your cost-effective, in-house graphic arts orientation program
Print is everywhere. Magazines, road signs, billboards, shampoo bottles, posters, soda cans, currency, lottery tickets, magnets, coffee mugs, t-shirts, and the list goes on and on.
The printing industry is unquestionably one of the largest and most influential industries in the United States today. PrintScape: A Crash Course in Graphic Communications takes readers on a guided tour of the vital and dynamic landscape of print.
First introduced in 2002, the program was updated and expanded to a second edition in 2009. This latest edition now features review questions for each section to assess reader comprehension of material.
PrintScape provides a comprehensive overview of today’s print and graphic
communications industry—from its history to its current practices, products, terminology, and people. It is ideal for new hires and current employees in sales, marketing, production, or administration.
- Complete. PrintScape is an “orientation-in-a-box”—all the key information and elements are there. Just open the box and you’re ready to go.
- Time efficient. Can be used as a self-study program or group instruction. New employees quickly get up-to-speed—becoming knowledgeable about the entire production process in just hours.
- Profitable. Well-trained employees are more effective communicators with customers and colleagues.
- Cost-efficient. All the information and elements you need for in-house training in one package at one low price!
The PrintScape materials are adaptable for self-study or can be presented in a classroom setting. Plus it can be used as a customer-training tool delivered in short sessions or a half-day crash course. School instructors can integrate the DVD presentations with their current curriculum materials for introductory courses.
The complete package includes a DVD-ROM packed with information, graphics, animation, and video and audio clips presenting a colorful, fast-paced overview of key concepts, processes, and terms.
The companion workbook contains additional statistics and information plus chapters with an overview of the industry and print markets, career paths, the complete printing process, health and safety in printing plants, and training and professional development.
Familiarize yourself with all the new industry terms and quiz yourself on printing knowledge. Get all the basics of printing in one place.
“As many as 40,000 people may enter the printing industry this year. For them, and many others, PrintScape is an ideal way to learn terminology, production processes and workflow, industry structure, and, importantly, trends. We are proud of the contribution this new edition will make to the industry,” said Jim Workman, Vice President, training, Printing Industries of America.
PrintScape is a must-have for every organization in the printing industry.
- As a self-study program, it can be completed in several short sittings. Used as a group program, it can be modified to a half-day course. Total running time: about 5 hours.
- DVD is packed with information, graphics, animation, and video and audio clips to present a colorful, fast-paced overview of key concepts, processes, and terms.
- A companion workbook containing additional statistics and information with vibrant, full-color text and photographs.
- Review questions wrap up each section to assess information retention.
- Glossary of Terms included to assist students with understanding terminology used in the workbook.
- Topics covered:
- Industry overview
- Career paths
- Print markets
- Printing processes
- Paper and ink
- Job creation
- Binding and finishing
- Health and safety
- Quality management
- Training and professional development
- Industry trends
- Self-study use: purchase Book and DVD set
Shorten the learning curve, get your employees off to the right start, and stay ahead with PrintScape!
For questions about program content and implementation, contact Amy Woodall, director of technical information, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-910-4283 x764.
Published on Monday, April 27, 2009 (updated 03/14/2013)