Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Turnkey Training Curriculums
Ergonomics Training Program
The Essential Resource on Ergonomics Issues and Their Solutions in the Graphic Communications Industry
Ergonomics—the science and practice of designing jobs and workplaces to match the capabilities and limitations of the human body—affects productivity, employee health and safety, and the bottom line. Now is the time to take a proactive approach regarding ergonomics issues and solutions.
Ergonomics Is Everywhere
From the front office to the shipping department, ergonomics is involved in every job. Whether sitting at a computer or lifting bundles, ergonomic factors can be found throughout an operation, including:
- Awkward postures and motions
- Contact stress
- Force—such as gripping, pulling, and lifting
- Repetitive motion
Taking a proactive approach to ergonomic issues can help to improve the work environment, reduce injuries, and lower workers’ compensation costs. By looking at your production activities, particularly those tasks involving frequent, constant, and/or awkward motions, you can conduct your own evaluation and take corrective action before employees are injured. Productivity can be improved as well. As movements are made safer, they can also be made more efficient for faster throughput. The Ergonomics Training Program package shows you how.
Tools for Taking a Proactive Approach
The Ergonomics Training Program package makes it easy to implement an ergonomics program at your plant. Focusing on issues specific to the graphic communications industry, it provides awareness of ergonomics concerns, simple tools for assessing and evaluating the workplace, and a range of possible solutions. By educating employees using these materials, you can help workers reduce the likelihood of injury on the job. Fewer injuries can help reduce lost productivity, control workers’ compensation costs, and reduce administrative costs. Your commitment to an injury-free workplace shows employees and government regulators that you are dedicated to training and prevention.
The package includes all the materials you need to understand, evaluate, and educate employees to the importance of ergonomics. There is a comprehensive guide that focuses on jobs with high injury rates and offers specific solutions for printers. Included are tasks found in prepress, press, postpress, and shipping as well as issues relative to screen printing and newspaper printing. Clearly illustrated checklists are included to evaluate your workplace. Time-saving presentations are provided that can be customized for your plant with very little effort. There is even a video to show employees a better way to do their jobs.
The Complete Set
Guidebook. The Ergonomics Guidebook: The How-To Book on Ergonomics Issues and Their Solutions in the Graphic Communications Industry. This convenient, spiral-bound handbook explores basic ergonomics information with specific solutions for printers. It contains a handy “toolbox” section designed for use in workplace assessment and employee training including:
- Checklists for self-evaluation of the workplace
- Fact Sheets—concise one- to two-page overviews of ergonomics issues for particular jobs with images showing both the issues and their solutions; perforated for handy removal
- Pocket Cards—illustrations of right and wrong approaches to a variety of work activities; perforated for handy removal
- Glossary of relevant terms
- References for further reading
- Contacts and hotlinks
The Leadership Guide. A concise booklet designed to assist an instructor in implementing the contents of the Guidebook as an employee training program.
Ergonomics Training Program CD-ROM. Customizable PowerPoint programs to help in implementing ergonomics training in your facility.
Video. Work Smarter, Not Harder: Ergonomics in the Graphic Communications Industry. This 16-minute tape focuses on a general awareness of ergonomics from a printing perspective, including common risk factors or stressors. Includes suggestions on how employees can do their jobs more safely.
Items are not sold separately.
Purchase in the Online Store.
Published on Thursday, March 14, 2013 (updated 03/14/2013)
- RT @MyPrintResource: Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/Sx5ijq1jBN @PostNet @printind
- Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/Sx5ijq1jBN @PostNet @printind
- @printrbot would you be willing to loan a device to @PrintInd? Want to show if off to legislators at Print's Voice event in DC next week!
- Looking for ways to reduce costs, waste, and setup time while adding value to products? Lean is the answer.... t.co/6EotMpuljp
- RT @PrintingNews: Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/aEwEKVMYMN @PostNet @printind