Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Environment & Safety
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Outreach Training for the Printing Industry
Printing Industries of America is excited to offer as one of its numerous training programs a comprehensive safety training session in the form of a 10-hour general -industry program. This program provides essential information on OSHA and its compliance requirements, safe work practices, and how to implement an effective safety and health program.
Having a safe work place creates many benefits that include increased employee morale, improve productivity, cost savings, reduced worker’s compensation premiums, and keeping your company at maximum efficiency. Since the printing industry has been identified as being a high hazard industry for amputations, the number of printers being inspected has skyrocketed, and this training program will prepare you to respond to a OSHA inspection and help you eliminate violations in the workplace.
Plus, all of those who successfully complete the program will receive their own “OSHA 10-hour card” that shows they have participated in the comprehensive training program.
The course is led by Rick Hartwig, manager, environmental, health, and safety affairs. Mr. Hartwig is an authorized outreach trainer with over 20 years of experience assisting printing companies with their safety issues. Mr. Hartwig serves on several ANSI, ISO, and NFPA committees as well as working regularly with OSHA related issues and regulations.
This course provides printing industry-specific information about the OSH Act and how they apply to your operations and is designed for supervisors, production managers, production staff, safety committee personnel, company owners, and human resource personnel. It covers the critical OSHA regulations that printers must meet every day. Once completed, you will be armed with valuable information and understanding of the OSHA requirements.
The course can be customized to meet your specific facility needs. While OSHA requires some core topics to be included in all programs, we can work with you on structuring a program that will be applicable to your operation. This course can be taught on a custom basis at your facility or at Printing Industries of America headquarters. A typical program includes the following subjects:
- Introduction to OSHA*
- Walking and Working Surfaces*
- Means of Egress and Fire Protection*
- Electrical Safety *
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids*
- Machine Guarding*
- Hazard Communication *
- Personal Protective Equipment*
* Required by OSHA
For more information contact Rick Hartwig at firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on Monday, April 20, 2009 (updated 04/20/2009)
- @RicohTweets @eryc_eyl @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd ...thanks!
- RT @wdhicks: RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- TY! RT @julieshafferpia: More #FF love for #IPF13 friends @PrintInd @PPIassociation @copresco, @PrintMediaCentr & of course @NuttyFrankie
- @JulieShafferPIA @PrintInd @PPIassociation @copresco @PrintMediaCentr I'm doing a #FF tail shake <3 #IPF13