Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Environment & Safety
Green & Sustainability
Welcome to the EHS Department’s Green and Sustainability Page. Here you will find the information and resources you need to begin to your journey along the sustainable green printing path.
Sustainability is the ability to operate in a way that meets present needs while providing for the needs of the future and future generations. Sustainable manufacturing has emerged to define a socially, environmentally, and resource-responsible approach to manufacturing. Sustainability encompasses more than just using recycled paper and ink or the other input materials used to produce a given printed product.
Sustainability is not a simple list of discrete actions. It is a continuous improvement process that requires a holistic approach to the entire manufacturing operation. In order to capitalize on the movement and turn it into a competitive advantage, printers need to have an approach that is both systematic and systemic.
Sustainable manufacturing for the printing industry embodies three principal concepts:
- Product — This includes the design, the input materials used to make it, and the ultimate fate of the finished goods.
- Process — This includes the actual manufacturing process involving prepress, press, and postpress.
- Envelope — This includes all of the support activities that occur at a printing operation such as the building, grounds, maintenance, transportation, employees, etc.
Printing Industries of America’s EHS Department can help you with:
The Green Guide for Graphic Communications: Growing and Profiting through Sustainability
When it comes to “green,” are you talking the talk or walking the walk? For those new to the concept of sustainability, this members-only guide will help you identify green printing practices and assess the strength of your green printing program. For those seeking to build upon an existing sustainability program, it also will give you the tools you need gain a competitive advantage by marketing your environmental commitment in a way that is credible and compelling.
Sustainable Green Printing (SGP) Partnership
The SGP Partnership is an industry-specific, voluntary program designed to reduce the environmental impact and increase social responsibility of the print and graphic communications industry. The Partnership certifies printers against specific criteria and requires printers to commit to making continuous improvement in the product, process, and envelope areas of the graphic arts industry. Our EHS staff has the resources and expertise you need to develop the program and policies required to obtain the SGP Certification. Find out more about the SGP Partnership and the tools we have to help you get certified.
Chain-of-Custody certification is a voluntary certification that ensures the paper you print your customer’s project on is responsibly sourced. Whether you are interested in either the Forest Steward Council (FSC) or the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI), our EHS staff has the resources and expertise you need to develop the proper management system and procedures in order to obtain a chain-of-custody certification.
Resources and Other Information
Find articles, links, and other information on how printing companies can save money, reduce their environmental footprint, and work towards sustainability. Our EHS staff has written a variety of articles about the topic and is continuously gathering information on sustainable printing that can help you start or expand your sustainable printing program.
For more information contact Gary Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on Monday, December 6, 2010 (updated 03/08/2013)
- @OceNorthAmerica I got to see first paw your amazing flatbed @printind during #IPF13 #impressive t.co/lMhhQ6vFLY
- RT @dvieder: Who said it’s not WHAT you know? It SURE is! Preview #Print13’s 70+ education sessions t.co/Jv0fWgAXzw featuring new SEGMENT TRACKS!
- New from the Blog! An interview with @JulieShafferPIA on the new #IPC t.co/ss9ijMiBEY
- The Crawford Technologies Daily is out! t.co/muuuHHoaD8 ▸ Top stories today via @CGXprint @Acrobat @PrintInd
- The web2awards are the only annual award competition that names the best websites in the print/marketing service... t.co/paRBenpsp1