Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Health Care Policy
Now that President Obama has been elected for a second term and repeated attempts to repeal his signature health care legislation have failed, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) looks like it’s here to stay. With that knowledge in mind, Printing Industries of America will focus its efforts on pending regulations within the bill set to take effect over the next two years and compliance issues resulting from those regulations.
Specifically, we will be looking at the employer mandate set to go into effect in 2014. As it stands now, the employer mandate will impose large financial penalties on certain employers who do not provide health insurance coverage and, in some cases, on employers who do provide coverage, but not in full accordance with the new regulations.
Language like this prohibits small business growth because it makes crossing the 50 employee threshold extremely expensive and forces businesses to spend real resources to navigate through all the new red tape. Accordingly, we will lobby for a balanced solution that is cost effective for businesses and promotes growth for our member companies.
Published on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 (updated 02/13/2013)
- @PrintInd Ink and paper is far less harmful than electronic media. Where does all that electricity come from? Coal and oil.
- Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day Weekend!
- #FF A big THANKS to our fellow tweeters educating people on #print! @XeroxCorp @PrintInd @PrintinColorado @TwoSidesUS
- @csrdave It's from Daniel Goleman & Gregory Norris "How Green Is My iPad" The New York Times, in the Misconceptions section of the FlipBook
- @signanddisplay A3: In the States, there are @PrintInd affiliates that offer training anyone could benefit from. I know I did. #talkprint.