Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
History of the Robert F. Reed Technology Medal
Established in 1976 by Printing Industries of America’s Ben Franklin Society, this award was first presented during the 50th anniversary celebration of the Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (GATF) and its predecessor, the Lithographic Technical Foundation (LTF). It perpetuates the memory of Robert F. Reed (1905–1973), “Dean of Lithography.”
Reed graduated from the University of Cincinnati in 1914 and worked as a research chemist with Ault and Wiberg Company and E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Co. In 1924, he joined LTF as the Foundation’s first research director. He remained as senior research consultant with LTF after stepping down from the research directorship in 1945. He continued his work in graphic communications research and as an author of printing textbooks until his retirement in 1970.
Reed served the Foundation for 46 years, and his contributions to the understanding of the lithographic processes and materials were perhaps the most significant and important made by any man of his time.
If you have any questions about the Robert F. Reed Technology Medal, contact Michael Packard at 800-910-4283, ext. 704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published on Wednesday, November 9, 2005 (updated 11/16/2011)
- Love it! RT @PrintMediaCentr: MAXIMIZE Your Tweets [infographic] t.co/v77xLvjjyH #socialmedia #integrated_print #printmedia #print
- #Digital_Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive--Dr. Ronnie Davis featured in the @WSJ t.co/FwzSW8kcuo #print #economy
- Members, check out how you can save with @Performplus as part of the National Buying Power Program! t.co/B6LNfLAaNg
- @PrintInd Any photos of this nut up there? #printrocks
- I posted 101 photos on Facebook in the album "Integrated Print Forum 2013" t.co/ZbtwIspNJ0