Job Summary: The Mailing Clerical Specialist does the record-keeping for the Mailing Department and backs up Shipping Office Assistant.
Reports To: Mailing Department Supervisor
Lean Expectations (Each employment anniversary year):
- Participate in at least one Lean event or serve as an auditor, Guiding Coalition Member or on the safety committee; and
- Implement at least one improvement idea; and
- Participate in at least one educational experience such as job shadowing, cross-training, webinar, seminar, Lean networking tour, etc
- Keep track of postal checks & account balances.
- Estimate postal charges for CSR's and Estimating.
- Do postal reports/Send copies to CSR's & Customers.
- Keep file of all publications mailed.
- Record mailings on freight cards for billing.
- Apply for refunds on overpayed mailings.
- Assist Customers & CSR's in applying for Nonprofit Status & Company permits.
- Measure 2nd Class publications for Advertising.
- Keep up on Postal Changes as they affect position.
- Balance RP's postal Permit 100.
- Keep credit informed of postal shortages/overages.
- Conduct research as directed on mailing subjects.
- Acts as liaison with Post Office and customers mailing accounts.
- Count and verify all incoming labels.
- Record counts and requirements to (covalent).
- Keep written records of counts.
- Zone 2nd & 4th class labels as needed.
- Assist on mailing machines as necessary.
- Back-up to Shipping Office Assistant as necessary.
- Follows all required safety procedures such as: PPE's, Ergonomics, Chemical Hazards, etc.
- Performs job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees.
Administrative Responsibilities: None
Management of Personnel Responsibilities: None
Other Responsibilities: As Directed
- Proficient typist
- Basic Math skills
- Basic Accounting/Bookkeeping skills
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
Published on Monday, July 21, 2008 (updated 05/28/2014)