Job Summary: Oversee all aspects of mailing. Remain up to date on postal regulations, supervise mailing dept staff.
Reports To: Plant Manager
Regular Shift Hours: First shift 6:00am-3:00pm. Mailing is seasonal and overtime will be required throughout the year. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Capable of running all Mail Manager tasks, setting up documents for mail merge in Word and Print Shop Mail. Setting up, running and troubleshooting Kirk Rudy Inkjet. Setting up, running and troubleshooting Bell and Howell inserter.
- Supervise and schedule mail staff. Responsible for quality sign offs and qc pulls throughout the run.
- Demonstrate a complete knowledge of postal regulations. Understand drop shipment procedures, expedited services, international mailing, mailing permit applications, small equipment procurement and mail piece design.
- Capable of demonstrating a complete knowledge of class and category of mail.
- Capable of producing job ticket instructions.
- Running laser proofs and audits, securing approval from clients before running.
- Check barcode and address block placement, create fold samples and Sample A Samples for insert jobs.
- Fill out postal paperwork for daily mail shipments, secure postage for mailing.
- Maintain inventories of postal equipment, inkjet cartridges, machine strap, laser toners and drum cartridges
- Insure Mailing, Data and Laser areas are clean and hazard free.
Published on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 (updated 05/28/2014)