Review all mailing jobs for completeness, accuracy, and compatibility with RP systems. Perform file transformations to appropriate formats. Maintain library of active lists. Assist in processing name lists using an PC for mailing related functions. Verifies that jobs conform to USPS regulations. Assist mail clerk.
Reports To: Mailing Supervisor
Lean Expectations (Each employment anniversary year)
- Participate in at least one Lean event or serve as an auditor, Guiding Coalition Member or on the safety committee; and
- Implement at least one improvement idea; and
- Participate in at least one educational experience such as job shadowing, cross-training, webinar, seminar, Lean networking tour, etc.
- Review incoming jobs for the presence of all required components.
- Maintain files for ink jet jobs.
- Perform conversions to RP formats, download files to system,
- Import, process, and output customer mailing lists using a PC.
- Check files for conformity to supplied layouts, and mail piece for conformity to USPS regulations. Prepare proper documentation and layout information.
- Assist and back-up mail clerk as needed
- Perform periodic maintenance of processing equipment.
- Maintain records of all jobs processed.
- Schedule work according to production needs.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Entry of production data to Shopstation system.
- Work with customers and their data houses to facilitate properly prepared materials for mailing.
Assist in determining best mailing strategy for customer and in mailpiece design. As directed.
Familiar with MS DOS/database file structures/mailing regulations/ink jet procedures/ mailing procedures/list management strategies/analytical thinking/organizational and communication skills/ability to follow instructions.
Published on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 (updated 05/28/2014)