Performs mail list maintenance, makes additions and deletions to lists and merges and purges multiple and new lists.
Responsibilities and Authorities.
- Reports to Director of Mailing and Fulfillment
- Oversees conversion of files to controller compatible language.
- Responsible for production of a mailing job jacket, which includes detailed instructions about the job, bag tags, control sheets and required postal documents.
- Responsible for production of or orders bound dummies for weight verification when CSR is not available.
- Responsible for providing CSR with final mail count(s) and postage calculations promptly on receipt of customer mail files.
- Approves ink jet area panels and layouts before plating and for press.
- Responsible for loading files into production ink jet systems.
- Updates postal software used to meet all changes, revisions and requirements as posted monthly or quarterly by the USPS.
- Supervises all off-line inkjet operators, production and quality.
- Supervises all mail file preparation.
- Per customer request, provides quantities mailed by source codes.
- Works directly with customers when file problems arise.
- Advises customers on how to design their products to save postage and/or time.
- Maintains customer and /or processor contacts as needed for future projects.
- Works closely with the Bindery/Mailing and Fulfillment manager and supervisors to meet production schedules.
- Works closely with Bindery/Mailing and Fulfillment personnel to ensure that projects are addressed correctly and accurately.
- Provides the Bindery or Mailing and Fulfillment with necessary information and instructions for targeting “seed names” within mail files as provided by HPG personnel or customer.
- Works closely with postal representatives on regulation issues.
- Serves as a technical support tool and provides training for Sales, CSR’s and Production.
- Responsible for preparing UPS drop shipment files for internal use from customer supplied drop ship list.
- Responsible for checking drop ship list for accuracy of names, addresses, quantities, etc. as provided by customer.
- Selects, trains, supervises, motivates, evaluates and disciplines employees in department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies and Education
- Requires bachelor’s degree or a minimum of ten years of progressively more responsible experience in a production environment preferably in the mailing industry.
- Requires a high level of computer skills.
- Must have good verbal and written skills.
- Requires tact and diplomacy in dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Requires a good working knowledge of Mail Manager 2010 or equivalent software.
Published on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 (updated 05/28/2014)