Job Summary: Responsible for setting up and maintaining inserting equipment, in line folder and strapping equipment. Oversee sorters and maintain mailing quality.
Reports To: Mailing Coordinator
Regular Shift Hours: First shift 6:00am-2:45 pm Second Shift 2:30pm-11pm. Mailing is seasonal and overtime will be required throughout the year. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Capable of setting up and troubleshooting Bell and Howell inserter, in line feeder, and Mosc strapper
- Fills out the inserter check list upon set up of each job. Secures supervisor sign off of inkjet image before processing job.
- Oversee inserting quality, insert order, assuring barcodes meet postal specifications, and do not tap out.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of postal sortation, traying, sacking and palletizing mail.
- Regular maintenance and cleaning of inserter, in line folder, and strapper.
- Weekly inventory of postal trays, lids, skids and machine strap provided to supervisor before end of shift each Friday.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of class and category of mail.v
- Capable of reading and understanding job ticket instructions.
- Insure inserter area is clean and hazard free.
- Help out in bindery when time permits.
Published on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 (updated 05/28/2014)