Job Summary: The Mailing Machine Assistant is responsible for the set up of the mailing machines
Reports To: Mailing Supervisor
Lean Expectations (Each employment anniversary year)
- Participate in at least one Lean event or serve as an auditor, Guiding Coalition Member or on the safety committee; and
- Implement at least one improvement idea; and
- Participate in at least one educational experience such as job shadowing, cross-training, webinar, seminar, Lean networking tour, etc.
- Able to set up and operate mailing machines for basic mailing runs
- Capable of running machines during the absence of crew leader
- Be knowledgeable and capable of tasks of bagging, feeding, and zip sorting.
- Possess basic maintenance knowledge of equipment
- Follows all required safety procedures such as: PPE's, Ergonomics, Chemical Hazards, etc.
- Performs job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees.
- Be cognizant of mailing procedures and regulations
- Assist with paper work and ensure mailing deadlines are met properly
Management of Personnel Responsibilities: None
Other Responsibilities: As Directed
- Mechanical skills
- Ability to comprehend postal regulations
Published on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 (updated 05/28/2014)