Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
InterTech™ Technology Application Requirements
The following information and materials are required for InterTech™ Technology Award consideration. All materials must be in English and submitted online.
Due to the new online entry process, submission of 20 copies of application materials is no longer required. If you wish to provide hard-copy supplemental material, such as print samples, please to mail 20 copies to Printing Industries of America for consideration by the judges.
During the on-line submission process, you will be asked to complete the following sections:
This section contains information on your company and technology name.
We will need to know who the principal contact, technical contact, and marketing contact are for your entry. The same person can be listed for all three contacts, or there can be a different person for each. All contacts will have access to your online entry until it has been submitted.
- Primary Contact will be notified of the decision of the judges and will be the person invited to accept the award at the awards ceremony
- Technical Contact will be contacted in case of technical questions during the judging process.
- Marketing Contact will be contacted regarding press releases and other InterTech™ material highlighting your technology.
This section requires a 400-word description of your technology in PDF and WORD format. It does not have to be exactly 400 words, but it should be fairly close–500 words are too many. The description will also be used when we write about your technology in the InterTech magazine supplement.
This section allows you to explain in greater depth why your technology is deserving of an InterTech™ Technology Award. Your document should address
- Market price for the technology
- First year the product was commercially available
- Function of the technology (400-word limit)
- Technology significance (400-word limit)
- Technology innovation (400-word limit)
- Efficiencies and/or return on investment of the technology (400-word limit)
Product Images and Company Logo
At a minimum, you need to upload a high-resolution company logo and at least one photo, illustration, or diagram of your technology. You can add additional images, as well, to help the judges better understand your technology. The logo and one image will be used in the InterTech™ magazine supplement.
User Testimonial Letters
This section is crucial to your entry and has proven to be the most challenging for past InterTech™ participants. Your entry requires a minimum of three letters from users of your technology discussing its use and testifying to its performance. Each testimonial must to be on the user’s letterhead and signed. Since this section will take more time to complete, we recommend that you work on it first. You can include more than three testimonials if you desire, however no entry will be accepted with less than three. Letters can come from users anywhere in the world, provided that they are written in or translated into English.
If your technology is sold directly, the letters should come from graphic communications companies. If your technology is sold to equipment or consumable manufacturers or distributors, the letters can come from those companies.
You are not required to provide any supporting materials to complete your submission; however the judges can benefit from reviewing white papers, presentations, and videos about your technology. You may also choose to include news releases and product brochures. If they are not in digital format and cannot be uploaded to the submission site, then 20 copies can be mailed to Printing Industries of America for distribution to the judges.
You can pay for your InterTech™ Award submission online with a credit card, or indicate your desire to pay with a check or wire transfer. Your payment will trigger an invoice that you can print. If you indicate check or wire transfer as the payment method, the monies must be received by June 8 for your entry to be eligible for consideration.
Once all other sections are completed you can click the “Submit” button to have your submission sent to Printing Industries of America. You will need to review your submission carefully before doing this, as changes cannot be made to your entry once it is submitted.
For more information call 800-910-4283, ext. 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published on Friday, January 7, 2011 (updated 09/24/2012)
- @PrintInd Ink and paper is far less harmful than electronic media. Where does all that electricity come from? Coal and oil.
- Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day Weekend!
- #FF A big THANKS to our fellow tweeters educating people on #print! @XeroxCorp @PrintInd @PrintinColorado @TwoSidesUS
- @csrdave It's from Daniel Goleman & Gregory Norris "How Green Is My iPad" The New York Times, in the Misconceptions section of the FlipBook
- @signanddisplay A3: In the States, there are @PrintInd affiliates that offer training anyone could benefit from. I know I did. #talkprint.