Purpose of the Position
The Scheduler is responsible for managing the plant scheduling system, including stock allocation/purchasing, pre-press supplies and services, rush order processing, and press scheduling.
- Liaison between sales, sales support, estimating, and production
- Ticket Entry
- Job planning and scheduling
- Art & Plate Dept. coordination / Ticket Entry support
- Stock allocation and purchasing
- Coordinating special product inventory program for Vendor Managed Inventory .
- Purchasing Pre-press supplies
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED FUNCTIONS
LIAISON BETWEEN SALES/SALES SUPPORT AND PRODUCTION
1. Takes in jobs from sales/sales support and manages the cycle time and preparation for production.
2. Advises sales, sales support and management the lead times for all presses by posting a "Lead Time" report daily via e-mail to management and sales.
3. Provides timely feedback to sales dept. concerning job problems or delays that may effect the delivery date, calling upon production to get the support information as needed.
4. Receives all Rush order requests and works with various production departments to feedback on when orders will be able to be shipped.
5. Researches tooling related costs for sales / sales support on an as-needed basis
6. The scheduler is required to communicate stock related issues or changes to the estimating and sales teams so that the information is known throughout the company.
1. Creates Job and Ship Tickets per estimates, Sales generated orders and
JOB PLANNING AND SCHEDULING
- Scheduler works out the best production plans for multi-run jobs with the materials purchasing department.
- Plans when job will run based on due date, shop capacity, and availability of required elements (stock, tools, art, plates, ink, etc.)
- Works with Production Supervisors to coordinate and advise of tight press schedules and/or other special requirements.
- Prepares a worksheet / press backlog report for the weekly production meetings with Production Supervisors to coordinate special needs