The Inkjet Printing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of operation, efficiency, and quality of both sampling/prototyping and production output on various inkjet printing equipment.
Position Requirements, Experience, Responsibilities:
- Two or Four year degree in Graphic Communications or a related field is preferred. Documented experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum two years of experience operating wide/grand format ink-jet printing equipment including dye sublimation printing, direct-to-fabric printing, and UV inkjet printing.
- Operational experience with dye sublimation heat pressing including roll-to-piece, roll-to-roll, and flat-bed pressing for soft and hard substrates.
- Solid understanding of color-managed workflows utilizing extensive ICC profiles to ensure color consistency and spot color matching across multiple ink systems and printer platforms.
- Experience across both PC & Mac platforms and the use of Adobe Creative Suite, Textile CAD, and wide-format RIP software.
- Knowledge and understanding of design, file and software workflow, including design creation, pre-press, and color separation; from design creation through sampling/production including input profiles/working spaces, output profiles, rendering intents, image reproduction and spot color matching.
- Background and understanding of quality control throughout the printing process that will provide the highest quality products.
- Experience in a time sensitive production environment with the proven ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to identify workflow efficiencies that support operational excellence and handle multiple tasks in prioritized sequence.
- Strong oral/ interpersonal communication skills, solid time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Identify complications and provide solutions with sampling/production order instructions that may arise from files, substrates, and printer optimization.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to take direction from superiors and to seek suggestions and assistance from peers.
- Maintain clean working areas at all times.