Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Job Summary: Educates and develops the people in each department to create an environment of continuous improvement that strives to achieve waste elimination while focused on delighting both internal and external customers. Successful outcomes include reduced lead-times, reduced costs, increased added value to products and services, team development, and human behavior change. This position will continually develop and enhance the company’s efforts to achieve long-term continuous improvement through lean manufacturing methods.
Reports to: VP of Operations
Lean Expectations (Each employment anniversary year):
- Participate in at least two hours of educational experience (s) such as job shadowing, technical skills training, cross training, webinars, seminars, Lean networking tours, etc.
- Implement at least one improvement idea.
- Define, lead and participate in continuous improvement events.
- Develop project selection and prioritization.
- Develop cross-functional project teams to produce project results.
- Develop and maintain auditing materials and conduct audits on a regular schedule.
- Write and maintain training and presentation documents for continuous improvement tools and Lean management principles.
- Develop and maintain budgets, metrics, reports and record keeping for the projects identified.
- Report progress of projects and events by means of a monthly report to all employees.
- Give presentations on current or completed projects as directed.
- Attend Managers, Gainsharing and Wage and Bonus meeting as permanent member.
- Attend Supervisor, dept. Gainsharing and department meetings as needed.
Management of Personnel Responsibilities:
- Work closely with XYZ and managers to increase level of knowledge of all employees regarding Lean. Assist with training employees on basic Lean principles.
- Identify, develop and train team leaders.
- Train and coach all managers and supervisors on how to manage in a Lean environment.
Other Responsibilities: As directed
Job Qualifications: (will be trained to acquire skills, if necessary)
- Facilitation skills
- Willing and able to learn and use Lean and continuous improvement tools
- Project management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills along with public speaking skills
- Teaching and training skills
- Leadership skills (coaching, communication, conflict management, motivation, delegation, etc.)
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Balance of urgency to complete a project yet patience to let team members discover solutions
- Able to be a “Waste Warrior”
- Data and statistical analysis
- A change driver
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to flex working hours between 3 shifts
Published on Friday, August 10, 2012 (updated 08/10/2012)
- @PrintInd Ink and paper is far less harmful than electronic media. Where does all that electricity come from? Coal and oil.
- Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day Weekend!
- #FF A big THANKS to our fellow tweeters educating people on #print! @XeroxCorp @PrintInd @PrintinColorado @TwoSidesUS
- @csrdave It's from Daniel Goleman & Gregory Norris "How Green Is My iPad" The New York Times, in the Misconceptions section of the FlipBook
- @signanddisplay A3: In the States, there are @PrintInd affiliates that offer training anyone could benefit from. I know I did. #talkprint.