Job Summary: Estimates costs for sheet and web printing and various bindery operations
Reports To: Estimating Supervisor
Lean Expectations (Each employment anniversary year):
- Participate in at least two hours of educational experience (s) such as job shadowing, technical skills training, cross training, webinars, seminars, Lean networking tours, etc.
- Implement at least one improvement idea.
- Spread sheets:
- Input into computer
- Proofread printout for possible errors
- Mark pertinent data with check mark
- Request quotes for outside services and special web stock, as necessary, mark up appropriately
- Finalize quote:
- Description and price put on rough draft
- Check quote for accuracy
- Pass onto supervisor or other checker
- Requisition necessary samples
- Type finished and approved quote as applicable
- Update skills as training available
- Follows all required safety procedures such as: PPE's, Ergonomics, Chemical Hazards, etc. Performs job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees.
- Communicate with managers, production supervisors, CSR’s, vendors of outside services and customers, as appropriate.
Administrative Responsibilities: None
Management of Personnel Responsibilities: None
Other Responsibilities:As directed
- Good math aptitude
- Good organizational skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Knowledge of printing equipment and processes would be helpful.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment is essential