Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
IGEN Digital Press Operator
TITLE: IGEN DIGITAL PRESS OPERATOR
DEPARTMENT: Digital Book Department
REPORTS TO: Digital Department Supervisor
STATUS & GRADE: Non-Exempt 01
EMPLOYMENT: Regular Full Time
REG. HOURS: 40 per week
The Company expects that the Digital Press Operator will act at all times to assure the highest level of personal performance possible, will work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance goals and will help the Company achieve its goals of being the best provider of printing services in the industry.
This position is responsible for the efficient operation of a digital press and related finishing equipment. Responsibilities include-
- Ripping files produced from data files using digital print equipment.
- Digitally manipulating color calibration set-up to meet expectations for color target.
- Reviewing all proofs and final product samples produced on digital equipment before releasing to internal or external customers.
- Conduct regular and special maintenance on equipment to achieve maximum machine performance based on equipment specifications and acquired knowledge of machine operations. Record maintenance and service calls in maintenance log book as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set up, operate and maintain digital imaging 4-color press and UV coating line.
- Perform operator maintenance and work with phone support to trouble shoot issues.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Monitor supply levels and assist with consumable orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Full understanding of IGEN front end software.
- Proficient with Epic UV coater set up and operation.
- Ability to review color and make adjustments as needed.
- Reads and interrupts work orders and production schedules.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to work with manufacturing management to achieve company goals including customer satisfaction and company profitability.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of the Hagen data collection system and display consistency and accuracy in meeting data collection requirements specified in the quality documentation and by management.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept direction from supervisors, management and peers to improve quality and performance.
- Demonstration willingness to work together with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance.
In addition, check factors which are important to successful performance:
✓ Problem Solving
✓ Communication Skills
✓ Interpersonal Skills
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Prior experience in a printing environment helpful but not required
|JOB DEMAND||CHECK IF APPLY||PERCENT OF TIME||OTHER JOB INFORMATION|
|Lifting||✓||75%||Maximum Weight 35 lbs. Occassionally|
|Carrying||✓||10%||Maximum Weight 35 lbs. Occassionally|
|Pushing||✓||25%||Maximum Weight 35 lbs. Occassionally|
|Pulling||✓||25%||Maximum Weight 35 lbs. Occassionally|
|JOB DEMAND||CHECK IF APPLY|
|JOB DEMAND||CHECK IF APPLY|
|Organic Solvents, Ink|
|Work at Rapid Pace||✓|
|ISSUE:||CHECK IF APPLY||DESCRIBE|
|Access to CONFIDENTIAL information|
|Access/handle Company funds|
|Ability to communicate fluently in English|
Disclaimer: The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of duties and/or responsibilities.
Published on Friday, June 15, 2012 (updated 06/15/2012)