Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, August 22, 2012—Printing Industries of America is pleased to bring you this week’s top news stories, including: Printing Industries Press’s planned promotions at GRAPH EXPO 2012, The Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation invites your organization to contribute to the future of the graphic arts industry, and new from the Blog: Subscribe to the SRA Listserv for Compliance News, Tips for Sustainable Management, and More! Also, Take your Seats, Printers, and Prepare for Economic Turbulence!
- Printing Industries Press will be at booth #4045 during GRAPH EXPO 2012, October 7–10, at McCormick Place South in Chicago, offering the best-selling and newest titles from its catalog for the printing and graphics industry.
- This year, visitors will enjoy daily discounts of 30% off 5 or more titles, 20% off 3–4 titles, and 10% off 1–2 titles. Booth visitors are also encouraged to take advantage of the “Book of the Day” discount—50% off of member price of the day’s special selection.
- The “Book of the Day” Discount schedule includes:
- Sunday: JDF Workflow: A Guide to Automation in the Graphic Communications Industry
- Monday: Inkjet! Everything You Need to Know about Inkjet History, Technology, Markets, and Products
- Tuesday: Direct Mail Pal 2012: A Direct Production Handbook
- Wednesday: Social Media Field Guide: A Resource for Graphic Communicaton
- PGSF, formerly the National Trust and Scholarship Foundation (NTSF), have been supporting graphic arts students with scholarship assistance since 1956, and this year is no exception. For the 2012–2013 school year, PGSF has provided 180 students with financial assistance to support their graphic arts education.
- For information on how you and your organization can contribute to the future of the graphic arts industry, please contact Larry Kroll, Vice President of Development, at email@example.com or Bernie Eckert, administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graphic arts students looking for information on PGSF scholarships can visit the PGSF website Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation | Printing Industries of America - Printing.org or our Facebook Page Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation (PGSF) | Facebook.
- Printing Industries of America is happy to provide a resource for its members to stay up to date with the latest in sustainable and regulatory compliance news for the printing community in the form of a listserv.
- The Sustainable and Regulatory AffairsListserv provides member companies with important information impacting the printing industry from the Printing Industries Environmental, Health, and Safety Affairs Department. It also provides an opportunity for members to share their own expertise, tips, or concerns with the Printing Industries of America EHS staff and fellow EHS community members in the printing industry.
- To join, send an email with the subject “Subscribe SRA Listserv” to Caitlin Seiler, Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist at email@example.com. Current members of the Safety Listserv will automatically be a part of this group; there is no need to rejoin.
- Dr. Ronnie H. Davis, Vice President & Chief Economist, Printing Industries of America, provides today’s printers with useful resources and an action plan to assess and prepare for tough economic stretches.
- Step I: Take stock of what is actually happening
- Step II: Review likely economic scenarios
- Step III: Prepare for the worst
- Step IV: Focus on key management actions
- Step V: Review talking points before meeting with your banker
- Learn more at the 2012 Printing Industry Financial Executives (PIFE) Conference November 7–9 in Coronado (San Diego), California. Join Dr. Davis, who will be presenting “Competing for Print's Thriving Future: Understanding and Taking Advantage of Emerging Economic and Industry Forces,” and other leading industry experts as they delve into the topics and trends that matter to you.
- The 2012 PIFE Conference is co-locating with the Label Printing Industries of America (LPIA) Innovation Conference. For more information or questions, please contact Justin Goldstein, PIFE Manager at 412-259-1806 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Printing Industries of America
Printing Industries of America is the world’s largest graphic arts trade association, representing an industry with approximately one million employees. It serves the interests of thousands of member companies. Together with its nationwide affiliate network, Printing Industries delivers products and services that enhance the growth, efficiency, and profitability of its members and the graphic communications industry through advocacy, education, research, and technical information.