Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
LPIA Announces Emerging Leader Award
LPIA Announces Emerging Leader Award
Label Printing Industries of America (LPIA), a special interest group of Printing Industries of America, is proud to announce the Emerging Leader Award. The LPIA Emerging Leader Award recognizes an exceptional young professional of merit and accomplishment. An emerging leader is an individual who has fewer than 10 years of experience in the field and has already made significant contributions to the organization and/or to the profession and have demonstrated the potential for leadership and continuing service. Typically, they will display the following traits:
- Visionary leadership expressed through a strategic ability to envision the big picture and the steps for getting there
- Effective leadership that leads to positive impacts within the organization
- Authentic leadership that shows a strong sense of purpose, as well as true engagement with the goals and objectives of the organization
- Transformational leadership inspired by innovative thinking and a willingness to take risks to achieve results
The LPIA Emerging Leader Award is dedicated to recognizing young professionals who are in the beginning stages of their careers or people who switched into the field. LPIA welcomes people from every age range and demographic group. The only requirement is that participants need to have the desire to enhance their leadership capacity and the drive to develop innovative, effective, and responsible management practices.
Nominations should include evidence of the nominee’s contributions to the profession and may include up to three (3) supporting letters, which must be submitted with the nomination. Petitions and letter writing campaigns (beyond those letters included with the application) are discouraged and will not be considered in the evaluation process, nor will they influence the selection committee.
More than one award may be given. Nominations must be received by LPIA no later than Friday, September 21, 2012; self-nomination is acceptable. The LPIA Board of Directors will complete its deliberations and the selection process by Friday, September 28, 2012.
The LPIA Board of Directors will review the nominations and make a final decision on who will receive the award. Each nominee shall be considered individually and confidentially and will be judged according to the criteria listed above.
- Description of the candidate’s significant professional achievements
- An assessment of the candidate’s potential for leadership and continuing excellence
The above descriptions should include specific comments on the following:
- Describe the nature and quality of the nominee’s work, noting special achievements, innovation, initiative, and demonstration of leadership.
- Describe the nominee’s service to the organization or other professional associations and evidence of his or her professional leadership role and significant contributions.
- Describe the extent to which colleagues recognize the nominee’s achievements.
- Describe work and other activities in which the nominee is currently engaged, which indicate career growth and demonstrate significant potential.
Submission of up to three (3) letters of support is encouraged. These letters must be submitted with the nomination form. Petitions and letter writing campaigns (beyond those letters included with the application) are discouraged and will not be considered in the evaluation process, nor will they influence the board.
- The nominee must be in his/her first 10 years of experience
- The nominee must have made a significant contribution to the organization and/or the profession
- The nominee must have shown outstanding promise for continuing service and leadership—specific examples of his/her continuing activities must be provided
The recipients of the LPIA Emerging Leader Award will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the LPIA 2012 Innovation Conference
- One night’s accommodation at the host hotel
- Commemorative plaque
The award shall be presented during the LPIA 2012 Innovation Conference (http://lpiafall.printnig.org), November 7–9, at the Lowes Coronado Bay Resort in Coronado, California (San Diego).
Nominations and all accompanying documentation for this award should be mailed, faxed, or emailed to:
LPIA Emerging Leader Nomination
200 Deer Run Road
Sewickley, PA 15143
Phone: (412) 259-1802
Fax: (412) 259-1800
(Please include Email Subject Line: LPIA Emerging Leader Award)
LPIA represents and supports the interests of the label converting, packaging, top-sheet, and product decoration industries by providing information, education, and networking that assist member companies in making informed business decisions and to increase market share and profitability through innovative ideas and growth opportunities.
About Printing Industries of America
Printing Industries of America is the world’s largest graphic arts trade association, representing an industry with more than one million employees. It serves the interests of thousands of member companies. Together with its nationwide affiliate network, Printing Industries delivers products and services that enhance the growth, efficiency, and profitability of its members and the graphic communications industry through advocacy, education, research, and technical information.
(800) 910-4283 ext. 802
Published on Thursday, July 19, 2012 (updated 08/22/2012)
- Super-cool Fold of the Week! - t.co/kYHwjnDHtj
- @RicohTweets @eryc_eyl @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd ...thanks!
- RT @wdhicks: RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- TY! RT @julieshafferpia: More #FF love for #IPF13 friends @PrintInd @PPIassociation @copresco, @PrintMediaCentr & of course @NuttyFrankie