Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Environment & Safety
The Green Guide for Graphic Communications: Growing and Profiting through Sustainability
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
From certification to renewable energy, sustainability has become a hot topic in the printing, publishing, and packaging industries. But how do you make “going green” work for your printing operation?
The Green Guide for Graphic Communications provides a step-by-step approach to evaluating and marketing your sustainability profile.
Using the Sustainability Profile Self-Assessment Tool, you’ll be able to see just how your operation stacks up in ten categories of green performance. And you have the choice of looking at your green business in layers: up-close, deep, and really, really deep. The Self-Assessment Tool is also a teaching tool; it helps you learn how various aspects of sustainability are relevant to today’s printing operations and shows you where to look for additional information on topics of particular importance.
In subsequent chapters, The Green Guide for Graphic Communications will help you:
- Turn your green profile into a market position;
- Make appropriate and credible green claims;
- Issue periodic reports on your green progress;
- Better understand third-party certification and eco-labels;
- Communicate effectively with customers, prospects, and other stakeholders;
- Prepare news releases about your green business; and
- Identify and take advantage of green marketing opportunities in your community.
How to Use This Guide
If you’re new to sustainability, The Green Guide for Graphic Communications is a great “how-to” guide for putting your best green foot forward in your market. If you’ve been on the green scene for a while, you can dive in at any chapter to pick up some fresh insights or hone your marketing skills.
The Guide is structured to take you from greening your printing operation through communicating your green story to customers and other stakeholders. Chapters 3 and 4 work together to help you assess just how green your operation is and then to turn that assessment into a unique green marketing position.
Once you have determined your position in the green market, Chapters 5, 6, and 7 will help you frame credible green messages, keep stakeholders updated on your green progress, and get the most from certification marks and other eco-labels.
Chapters 8, 9, and 10 are designed to help you take your green message to customers and prospects, to the media, and to the people with whom you network in your community and market.
Best of all, The Green Guide for Graphic Communications is another valuable benefit of membership in your local affiliate and Printing Industries of America. As a member you can utilize the guide free of charge.
Click here to get started on capturing your corner of the market for green printing.
Access to subsequent chapters of the Green Guide for Graphic Communication requires a Printing Industries of America member log in.
Published on Monday, June 29, 2009 (updated 06/23/2011)
- RT @wdhicks: RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- TY! RT @julieshafferpia: More #FF love for #IPF13 friends @PrintInd @PPIassociation @copresco, @PrintMediaCentr & of course @NuttyFrankie
- @JulieShafferPIA @PrintInd @PPIassociation @copresco @PrintMediaCentr I'm doing a #FF tail shake <3 #IPF13
- Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF