Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Environment & Safety
Welcome to the EHS Affairs Consulting Page. Our team of dedicated EHS experts can quickly provide industry-specific, accurate information that is critical to developing an effective plan to achieve and maintain compliance or respond to a sustainability request. From assessing the initial circumstances of an issue to interpreting the variety of rules and regulations all the way through collecting, processing the required information for maximum resolution, the value of our EHS team’s extensive background with nearly 45 years of combined printing industry-specific experience can benefit you. Regardless of the compliance concern or issue, our EHS Affairs team can apply the necessary expertise and knowledge to help solve a problem, prevent trouble, or respond to an enforcement action or citation.
The primary advantage that the EHS staff brings to you is that we know printing from the inside and out. This means you do not have to spend precious time and money educating other consultants about your operation. Instead, you get fast, cost-effective, professional assistance that quickly cuts through the maze of requirements and identifies those that are directly applicable to your operation. In addition, since our EHS staff is involved with fighting the very regulations that apply to printing operations, they know what is required and can apply their knowledge of printing and regulations to take a business expense and turn it into a competitive advantage. The EHS Staff has been able to save its clients thousands of dollars by helping members navigate the regulatory process.
Experience to Solve Your Toughest Challenges
Included in the vast compliance experience of the EHS team are the following critical areas:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Environmental compliance can involve federal, state, and local agencies’ requirements covering rules on air emissions, waste water, storm water discharges, hazardous and solid waste, and community right-to-know requirements.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): Safety compliance begins as soon as you hire your first employee. OSHA regulations include written programs, safety plans, recordkeeping, machine guarding, employee training, as well as other regulatory specific requirements.
- Department of Transportation (DOT): If you ship more than a specific amount of DOT Hazardous Materials, your company needs to register with the DOT. And if your employees are involved in the receiving and shipping of DOT Hazardous Materials, they are required to be trained every three years. This training is also required if any employee signs an EPA Hazardous Waste Manifest.
Additional services are provided to handle the following:
- ANSI and ISO Conformance: The collection of industry consensus standards are very powerful tools that have many uses for equipment safety, including being used as compliance specifications in purchasing new and used equipment as well as support for alternative safety procedures to certain OSHA regulations.
- Green Certification: The demand for sustainable green printing continues to increase, and this has required the printing industry to respond. There are several certification programs that are commonly requested, and our EHS staff has the knowledge and support materials to assist you in seeking Sustainable Green Printing (SGP) Partnership certification and provide clarification and written procedures with regard to Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) or Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) for Chain-of-Custody compliance.
Professional Consulting Services
How we can help:
We provide an initial no-cost assessment of the circumstances to determine the issues and provide a clear understanding of the situation as well as what options are available to achieve the best resolution. This first step can usually be handled quickly over the phone or through email and is based on the information provided at the time.
For services that require more time or preparation, our fee-based services are charged on an hourly basis and include the following performed on site and off site:
Off Site Fee-Based Services:
- Compliance Program Reviews
- Agency Permit Preparation and Reviews
- Strategic Planning
- Document Preparation
- Technical and Legal Research
- Agency Correspondence and Communications
On Site Fee Based Services:
- Environmental Compliance Audits
- Safety Compliance Audits
- EPA and OSHA Inspection Assistance
- ANSI/ISO Conformance Audits
- Green and Sustainability Audits
- Agency Interaction
- Industry/Company Representation
- Employee Training
For more information on our no-cost and fee-based consulting services, please contact us today at Contact EHS!
Published on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 (updated 10/29/2012)
- @PrintInd Ink and paper is far less harmful than electronic media. Where does all that electricity come from? Coal and oil.
- Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day Weekend!
- #FF A big THANKS to our fellow tweeters educating people on #print! @XeroxCorp @PrintInd @PrintinColorado @TwoSidesUS
- @csrdave It's from Daniel Goleman & Gregory Norris "How Green Is My iPad" The New York Times, in the Misconceptions section of the FlipBook
- @signanddisplay A3: In the States, there are @PrintInd affiliates that offer training anyone could benefit from. I know I did. #talkprint.