The Company Job Description
JOB TITLE: Client Service Manager
DEPARTMENT: Client Services
REPORTS TO: CEO
SUMMARIES OF DUTIES:
Primarily responsible for maintaining effective customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as team members within the Client Service Department. Supervises and trains Client Service Representatives, Account Managers, Sr. Account Managers and Account Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
- Develops and implements policies and procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Client Service Department. Receive initial client job instructions from Sales, Account Executive or directly from client. Enters details into work order application and submits to Data Analysis/Operations with the supporting documentation, including but not limited to data layout, samples, etc., or works to communicate job details to appropriate personnel to facilitate job flow within the production facility.
- Monitor programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction. Maintain in-depth working knowledge of the company’s systems and processes.
- Set performance standards to meet service goals of company. Coach Client Service Team in order to achieve high performance.
- Structure the training agenda for department members. Measures team members’ performance and makes employment decisions.
- Provide feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns. Provide feedback to Operations team to ensure all customers have accurate and timely information on order status and/or changes. Coordinate problem resolution teams.
- Work continually toward self-development to stay current on client service, sales and supervisory procedures & practices.
- Assist Client Service Department in troubleshooting orders that require special handling. Respond to customer inquiries and problem solving in a professional and effective fashion. Act as a resource in resolving customer issues brought to the Department by utilizing excellent company process knowledge and strong skills in negotiating and selling.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned to help the company achieve its goals.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Relationship building.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Customer Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Customer Service in the print/mail industry, or similar manufacturing environment.
- Project management and/or CRM software experience preferred.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including database management, Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to direct a team to outperform company goals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent math skills.
Job Function Standards:
- Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office machines and handling light materials and supplies.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- May spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; and communication face-to-face, on the telephone, and in writing.
- Periodic physical activity requires walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping.
General Work Environment:
- Normal exposure to office environment.
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing environment.
- Occasional local travel, some out of state travel may be required.