The 2014 Best Workplace program has ended. Check back soon for annoucement of the winners!
Click the box above to download the entry form. (Scroll down for 2014 Brochure PDF.)
Printers across the country consistently rank recruiting and retaining qualified employees as one of their key challenges. Although the problem may seem daunting the answer is really very simple — maintain a successful workforce by providing them a superior work environment.
Winning the Best Workplace in the Americas award is an incredible honor. Our company takes great pride in developing and implementing the important qualities our employees value, from providing an innovative, safe work environment to a strong work-life balance.
Michael Stanley, Elk Grove Graphics, Elk Grove Village, IL.
2013 Best of the Best Winner, Small Companies
While all employees have different values when it comes to what they want in a work environment, there is quite a bit of common ground. And, it is not all centered around money. Workers today look for a variety of qualities in a workplace. Eight key human relations areas that employees look at when evaluating a current or prospective workplace are:
- Management Practices
- Work Environment
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Financial Security
- Work-Life Balance
- Recognition and Rewards
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Workplace Health and Safety
The Best Workplace in the Americas Awards evaluates your company’s success in these eight human relations areas.
How to Enter
- Download the entry form and email to BWA@printing.org
- Please send your entry through traceable means.
- Include any attachments and supporting documentation.
- Entry deadline is September 30, 2014.
Any U.S. or Canadian graphic communications company, or supplier to the industry, may enter by downloading and completing the entry form above. A sample completed form is provided as well. For more information or questions, please call (571) 335-4691 or email BWA@printing.org.
What are the benefits of winning?
National and Local Media Promotion
Winners will be promoted extensively to the trade press. A Best Workplace in the Americas winner's logo will be available to winners to use on promotional materials and Web sites. Sample press releases will be provided for winners to send to their local press.
Recruiting and Marketing
Nearly every winner in the Best Workplace program uses the BWA winner's logo in recruiting and/or marketing campaigns. We have been told by newly hired employees at BWA winning companies that they applied to the company because they are a Best Workplace winner. Plus, if you have clients who are socially conscience with their purchases, the Best Workplace award is unmatched in employee relations metrics.
Best Workplace in the Americas Plaque
Winning companies will receive a plaque commemorating their achievement. Duplicate plaques are available for presentation to individuals involved in implementing your award winning HR practices.
To order any of the "BWA Best Practice" books see below.
- Best Practices of the 2012 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2011 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2010 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2009 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2008 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2007 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2006 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the Best Workplaces in the Americas: Set of 7 (2006-12)