Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Best Workplace in the Americas
The 2013 Best Workplace competition is now completed! Check back soon for 2014 program information.
Printers across the country consistently rank recruiting and retaining qualified employees as one of their key challenges. Although the problem may seem daunting the answer is really very simple — maintain a successful workforce by providing them a superior work environment.
While all employees have different values when it comes to what they want in a work environment, there is quite a bit of common ground. And, it is not all centered around money. Workers today look for a variety of qualities in a workplace. Eight key human relations areas that employees look at when evaluating a current or prospective workplace are:
- Management Practices
- Work Environment
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Financial Security
- Work-Life Balance
- Recognition and Rewards
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Workplace Health and Safety
The Best Workplace in the Americas Awards evaluates your company’s success in these eight human relations areas.
Any U.S. or Canadian graphic communications company, or supplier to the industry, may enter by downloading and completing the entry form above. A sample completed form is provided as well. Simply download the entry form in MS Excel, email in the form and mail in required attachments.
Please send your entry through traceable means. The entry form must be emailed and to BWA@printing.org, along with attachments and supporting documentation by September 30, 2014. For more information or questions, please call (571) 335-4691 or email BWA@printing.org.
What are the benefits of winning?
National and Local Media Promotion
Winners will be promoted extensively to the trade press. A Best Workplace in the Americas winner's logo will be available to winners to use on promotional materials and Web sites. Sample press releases will be provided for winners to send to their local press.
Recruiting and Marketing
Nearly every winner in the Best Workplace program uses the BWA winner's logo in recruiting and/or marketing campaigns. We have been told by newly hired employees at BWA winning companies that they applied to the company because they are a Best Workplace winner. Plus, if you have clients who are socially conscience with their purchases, the Best Workplace award is unmatched in employee relations metrics.
Best Workplace in the Americas Plaque
Winning companies will receive a plaque commemorating their achievement. Duplicate plaques are available for presentation to individuals involved in implementing your award winning HR practices.
To order any of the "BWA Best Practice" books see below.
- Best Practices of the 2012 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2011 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2010 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2009 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2008 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2007 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the 2006 Best Workplaces in the Americas
- Best Practices of the Best Workplaces in the Americas: Set of 7 (2006-12)
Published on Saturday, October 22, 2005 (updated 01/28/2014)